- How much Vitamin D do you need daily to help prevent Osteoporosis ?
Ordinarily 400 international units, but if you're over 50, 600 I.U.; and if you are over 70, 800 to 1,000 I.U. a day.
- If you're underweight, what can you do to gain weight ?
Eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3 larger meals. Eat more calorie - dense foods (Nuts, Peanut, Butter, Cheese, Raisins, etc.).
- What effect does being obese have on you chances of developing Cancer ?
Plenty, Obesity is associated with cancers of the colon, Rectum, Prostate, Kidney, Uterus and Breast.
- If you Don't get enough sleep, will it harm you ?
Yes, besides being tired, sleepy, inefficient and accident - prone you'll be more prone to illness because of reduced immunity.
- If you start and keep on eating Beans regularly, will that make the gas you form worse?
No, Just the opposite. The more often you eat Beans, the less gas you form.
- If you get pain in Calf due to poor circulation when you walk, what can you do to improve the circulation ?
Walk until the pain is severe. Then rest until the pain disappears. Resume walking. Continue this routine for 30 minutes daily.
- If you're Hoarse, is it ok to clear you throat ?
No. This causes an abnormal vibration of your vocal cords which can increase the swelling of them.
- If you have a Cataract, should you have it removed ?
Most people have a Cataract by age 75, but you don't need surgery unless your vision is significantly impaired.
- How effective is exercise for preventing a stroke ?
Studies show that the more you exercise, the smaller your risk will be of having a stroke.